Not all celebrities were able to spend Christmas at home and with their families. But there are celebrities who spend Christmas in jail this 2017. They spent the holiday season with a hint of sadness as they celebrated it inside the jail.
Here are five celebrities who have still remained in jail due to various cases and charges.
1. RJ Bautista Bong Revilla’s stepbrother, Ramon Joseph “RJ” Bautista, was not able to spend the holidays with his family at home after the court denied his bail petition.
According to PEP.ph, RJ is the prime suspect for the murder of his elder brother Ramgen Revilla on Oct. 28, 2011.
2. DJ Karen Bordador Celebrity radio DJ Karen was arrested in August 2016 during a buy-bust operation carried out at her boyfriend’s condominium unit. She and her boyfriend, Emilio Lim, are currently facing several charges in connection to illegal substances.
3. Krista Miller was also arrested in a buy-bust operation in October 2016. She was caught in the act of selling P3,000 worth of illegal substances to a police who posed as a buyer.
4. Sabrina M Starlet Sabrina M was also arrested in a buy-bust operation in Brgy. Pasong Tamo, Quezon City in September 2016 and P6,000 worth of illegal substance was found with her.
5. Dennis Roldan Veteran actor Dennis Roldan was found guilty in the kidnapping case by the Pasig City Regional Trial Court in August 2014. Dennis reportedly took part in the kidnapping of a Filipino-Chinese boy in 2005.
Former senators Bong Revilla and Jinggoy Estrada have temporarily gained freedom after a Christmas furlough grant and a bail petition.